Friday, July 5, 2013

70 Days; Chapter 15

So nice to finally see my classmates and friends again, here in London.

Still haven't gone back to my classes yet, since I'm still feeling a bit frail, but I'll be back on track soon.

Rashed is finally leaving the hospital today, since he's all better now, thank God!

Winter break is in two weeks, and the annual checkpoint examinations are in one.

In spite of my high marks, studying too much and worrying is not a problem for me.

I have no intention to brag, although ever since I was little, I used to have a very quick and fast way of learning and consuming all sorts of knowledge.

Once I study something, the idea of it never escapes from my head. But really, I also enjoy doing things ahead of time, in order to give myself more free periods in the future.

And I'm thankful for that, really.

-

I picked up my phone and dialed my classmate's number. He explained to me everything I've missed and I ended the phone call with a, "Thanks a lot! I'll take it from here."

-

Days #60-65

I approached my desk slowly, picked up my 'Financial Economics' book, and began reading through the pages my class studied.

-

After realizing I've missed quite a lot of lessons, I was studying in most of my free time, which is just an easy way to catch up.

I keep on promising myself I would check on Rashed every half an hour, but the books dragged me all the way in their world of letters, words, and information.

I had no other spare time other than the time I was using up to study.

-

By the time it was two days later, I was back to my classes, and was very closely prepared for my exams in a few days.

-

Day #66;

Rashed's perspective;

The blood test.

It wasn't wrong.

My kidney-oh, I mean Jade's, is beginning to fail.

Just like the first time, only worse, quoting the doctor.

After redoing the test, they also realized that my second kidney was beginning to appear inferior.

They looked for donations, but the doctor said if I had a second transplant, I would have to live a very risky life, and be extremely careful.

I don't want to be careful.

I want to live my life.

I want to have fun.

I don't want to be careful.

Jade thinks I'm out of the hospital, back to my normal life.

But, what is normal?

I've been in this death trap for a long time, now.

I bet nothing can defeat this illness, whether it was Jade's kidney, or the healthiest person's on the face of this Earth.

A lesson I've learned through the time I've spent in this plain, white room was to change what you can't accept.

I can't accept this, but nothing is able to twist it to its good side.

Therefore, the walls also taught me that you should also accept what you can't change.

Not everything in life goes your way, I keep repeating to myself.

Yes, I may complain a lot about my illness, but that's only out of question and confusion. I'm confused. I'm confused about me being the chosen one.

Plus, this is exactly how others would've responded to their sickness, too.

My parents were here, in the hospital, ever since, as well as my twin sisters, but have glanced into the room to check on me few times a day, since whenever they did, my mother would break down, doubtful of her very own son's hope. My brother decided not to come along, he would be too sad and disappointed, he would rather wait until I'm back and okay again.

-

"Jade," I wrote to her, since it has been a while since we've spoken.

"Rashed," she typed back, "been such a wreck with all the catching up to do, sorry we didn't talk,"

"Not to worry. How have you been, lately?" I asked, thoughtless, hoping she won't ask me likewise.

"Feeling much better, and you?" she did.

"Not bad," I lied.

"My princess," I wrote, additionally.

"My prince," she responded.

"Do you know why I call you that? 'My princess?'" I questioned, seeking her intelligence, although I'm sure she would guess it wrongly.

"Why?" she asked.

"Truly because you are one, and secondly, because I see your world as a magical kingdom, with your long, light, brown hair, and your strong character playing the gate of your home, protecting enemies from getting through... The white clouds behind your divine castle glow as white as your teeth, and your beautiful, hazel eyes shining stunningly as bright as the nightly fireworks," I wrote, "Jade?"

"Yeah?" she replied.

"As soon as this is all over, I'm coming back, for YOU,"

"I'll be waiting, unsteadily," she said.

"We belong together, I didn't expect this but this game was the best mistake I've ever made," I typed, "are you sure you're human?"

"I think I am, yes, why? Hahaha." she answered.

"Because all I notice is a pure angel," I said.

At that moment, I wanted her take me into her arms. I wish to be her shade, and I wish to hold her soft, moisturized hands once again and watch our life pass through it. How am I supposed to live my life without a heart, while its been in the palm of her hands ever since?

Like I told her before, she stole it.

-

"Up for phase 2, Jade?" I asked, "another game?"

"Bring it on," she responded.

"Are you in love with me?" I asked again, anxiously.

It was indeed a tricky question. Even though I lived across the world away from her, I was still capable of feeling Jade's emotions.

A few moments later, she replied, "Yes,"

"Since the game ends in 4 days, I want you to prove to me you love me. Try not communicate with me, through the phone, through text, or through any possible way until the game is officially over." I said.

"Is that all you got?" she asked with a sneer face at the end, "you've got yourself a deal."

"Great! Oh-and Jade?" I said.

Even after five minutes, she hasn't replied, yet.

"Jade?"

No reply. It was impossible for her to fall asleep at her time of day.

"Are you there?"

From that second, I had a feeling the second game already began.

5 comments:

  1. amazing can't wait for the next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST STORY SO FAR!!! -R ;******

    ReplyDelete
  3. read ur story in 2 days!! haha lol x amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANNTTT 2 MEET UUUUU AND URRR FABBBUUULOUUSSSSSS HANDS THAT YOU TYPE THESE AMAZING STORIES WITH :(((((

    ReplyDelete